There is a reoccurring theme in stories of hardship and distress. Just when things seem to be the worst and there is no escape for the one oppressed, the theme of favor, provision and place appear. I see it over and over again. It's most evident in the story of Joseph, but also throughout the story of a young exiled Jewish girl named Esther who finds favor from her captive Persian king, bountiful provisions, and ultimately the place of being Queen and saving her people from a genocide. I don't understand that,it seems to make no sense. It's like the pine tree that roots and grows up tall from just a narrow crack in a rock. Often I find myself wanting to be in the best situations, the easiest spots, trying to avoid the hardships and risks in life. If I'm in a difficult time, I usually am looking for a quick way out. Sometimes, there is escape, most times not. Maybe, just maybe, I am in that circumstance for something greater. Perhaps I will find favor; provision often is not external material goods, but rather the internal strength, endurance, and patience that is developed in my soul. Ultimately, a place is given, sometimes very lowly for a extremely long time, and sometimes a higher place with full honor and respect that's due. But for now, I take peace in the providence of God that the theme of favor, provision, and place is being written throughout my book of life . . .
My eye caught a small round mound stuck upon a branch. Looking closer, I found indeed it was the start of a hummingbird nest. And yes, I now had the mother hummingbird buzzing around my head, reminding me that I was in her space. I have been able to witness at least 3 other hummingbird families come to life, and I was always mesmerized by these "tiny vulnerabilities" becoming resilient birds in only a matter of five to six weeks. The nest was right out my patio door, and I had the best view to watch them daily. I was smiling. I had a hunch that babies would be coming soon, because our hummingbird feeder had been especially sucked dry only a few weeks earlier. One day I found at least 4 hummingbirds at one time feeding, which is highly unusual because most times they come one at a time and don't seem to want to share the space. If they would share, it was two only at a the bar and of course on opposite sides. I was filling that feeder at le...
Comments
Post a Comment